Monday, March 12, 2012

Lessons

What I learned from watching It's Always Fair Weather:
  1. Dan Dailey was a very tall man, that or both Michael Kidd and Gene Kelly were wee men.  (I checked Imdb, Dan Dailey was 6' 3")
  2. I am pretty sure that I saw the signature Pontipee dance move in this movie (done by Michael Kidd obviously).
  3. Dan Dailey made a really poor facial hair decision with the mustache he sports in the later half of the movie.  
  4. Gene Kelly was a great choreographer, but really only for himself.  Dan Dailey and Michael Kidd dance with Gene Kelly but really only Gene Kelly looks natural doing the moves.  Dan Dailey was about 6 inches taller than Kelly and Michael Kidd is a couple inches shorter than Kelly and both Dailey and Kidd have a different build than Kelly (both are thinner). And they look weird dancing next to Gene Kelly because they look kind of awkward. 
  5. I remain indifferent in regards to Cyd Charisse. 
  6. I kind of wanted to watch Seven Brides for Seven Brothers after seeing Michael Kidd.  
  7. I was kind of hoping that Tommy Rall would show up somehow.
  8. I want to watch some more movies with Dan Dailey (and Betty Grable!). 

2 comments:

Lise M. said...

This is very funny...and also very true! nice post!

Catherine said...

I also learned that Michael Kidd directed Merry Andrew (which only makes my wish for Tommy Rall to have shown up more valid)